Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8-10 servings
For Bread Crumbs
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 cups food processed Classic, Chile or Cheese Primizie Crispbreads crumbs, coarsely chopped
4 chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 lb macaroni
2 lbs cheddar cheese, grated
1. Make bread crumbs.
2. Heat butter in a 10-inch heaby skillet over moderate heat until foam subsides. Then cook garlic and Crispbread cumbs, stirring, until crumbs are folded together.
3. Transfer to paper towels to drain and season with salt to taste, if needed.
4. Make macaroni.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F
6. Chop chipotles.
7. Melt butter in a 3- to 4-quart saucepan over moderate heat, then add flour and cook, whisking, 1 minute.
8. Gradually whisk in milk, cream, and mustard and simmer, whisking occasionally, 3 minutes.
9. Cook macaroni in a 6- to 7-quart pot of boiling salted water until just tender.
10. Drain in a colander and transfer to a large bowl.
11. Stir in white sauce, cheese, chipotles and salt to taste.
12. Divide & fill (2) - 1 1/2-quart shallow casserole dishes with macaroni mixture.
13. Top each of the casseroles with Primizie Crispbread garlic breadcrumb mixture.
14. Bake casseroles in middle of oven 30 minutes, or until bubbly.