Prep time: 20 Minutes
Yield: 8 Servings
PAN SEARED GULF SNAPPER
1 1/2 pounds snapper fillets, cut into 3-ounce portions
4 tablespoons chopped shallots, divided
2 teaspoons Olive oil
6 cups water
2 teaspoons salt
1 3/4 cups yellow cornmeal
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
NOTE: If you have some extra time combine this recipe with a Sicilian Carbonata.
PREPARE: PAN SEARED GULF SNAPPER
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat ovenproof skillet large enough to hold fillets in single layer over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons olive oil.
4. Heat until oil starts to shimmer. Add fish fillets, skin down. Sear for 1 minute.
5. Transfer skillet to oven. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes or until fillets are cooked through but still moist.
PREPARE: CRISP POLENTA
1. Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a heavy large saucepan.
2. Add 2 teaspoons of salt. Gradually whisk in the cornmeal.
3. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the mixture thickens and the cornmeal is tender, stirring often, about 15 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat. Add the butter, and parmesan stir until melted. Serve.