Prep Time: 0:10
Cook Time: 0:20
Total Time: 0:30
Yield: 5 servings
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 lb chorizo, crumbled
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
3 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 lb smoked gouda cheese, shredded
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 avocado, diced
Primizie Flatbread Crisps – Your favorite flavor
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large cast iron skillet, heat ½ tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add chorizo and cook until brown. Remove and drain oil from pan. Blot chorizo with napkin to remove excess grease. Set aside.
3. Heat the remaining oil over medium heat in the same cast iron. Add onion, peppers, and 2/3 of the tomatoes and sautee for 5-7 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in cheese, 2/3 of the chorizo, and chili powder. Place in oven for 10 minutes, or until the surface browns and bubbles.
5. Remove from oven and garnish with remaining chorizo, tomato, cilantro, and avocado.
6. Serve immediately with your favorite flavor Primizie Flatbread Crisps - we recommend Gouda Garlic or Chile Lime - and enjoy!