Mac & Cheese
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Yield: 8-10 Servings
For Bread Crumbs
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 cups food processed Primizie Flatbread Crisps , coarsely chopped (we recommend Simply Salted or Gouda Garlic)
4 chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 lb macaroni
2 lbs cheddar cheese, grated
Make bread crumbs:
1. Heat butter in a 10-inch heaby skillet over moderate heat until foam subsides. Then cook garlic and Flatbread Crisp cumbs, stirring, until crumbs are folded together.
2. Transfer to paper towels to drain and season with salt to taste, if needed.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
4. Chop chipotles.
5. Melt butter in a 3- to 4-quart saucepan over moderate heat, then add flour and cook, whisking, 1 minute.
6. Gradually whisk in milk, cream, and mustard and simmer, whisking occasionally, 3 minutes.
7. Cook macaroni in a 6- to 7-quart pot of boiling salted water until just tender.
8. Drain in a colander and transfer to a large bowl.
9. Stir in white sauce, cheese, chipotles and salt to taste.
10. Divide & fill (2) - 1 1/2-quart shallow casserole dishes with macaroni mixture.
11. Top each of the casseroles with Primizie Flatbread Crisp breadcrumb mixture.
12. Bake casseroles in middle of oven 30 minutes, or until bubbly.