Polenta & Flatbread Crisps
Prep Time: 1 hr or less | Yield: 4 -6 Servings
1 cup Primizie Flatbread Crisps - Your Favorite Flavor
6 cups water
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 cup polenta ( coarse- or medium-ground)
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
3 tablespoons butter
2 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
5 ounces washed spinach or other greens
1. Bring 3 cups water to a full boil in a heavy pot. Simmer the remaining water close by.
2. Add the salt and rapidly stir the water with a whisk, creating a vortex. Continuing to stir constantly, adding the polenta in a thin stream into the vortex.
3. Continue to stir after all the polenta has been added, then lower the heat to a simmer rather than a boil.
4. As the polenta thickens, replace the whisk with a long-handled wooden spoon.
5. Add the 1 cup of remaining water and continue to stir. Break up any lumps with the back of the spoon pressed against the pot.
6. Continue stirring the polenta, reaching to the bottom of the pot as necessary, until it gets thick and pulls away from the sides of the pot.
7. Taste the polenta to test tenderness; add additional water if necessary. The polenta can take 15 to 60 minutes to cook properly, depending on its type.
8. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, stir in the pepper and butter, then add the cheese.
9. Remove from heat.
10. Quickly wilt the spinach in a large saute pan and season to taste with salt and pepper
11. If serving immediately, pour onto a large platter or into a bowl or individual dishes.
12. Top with the wilted spinach, Primizie Flatbread Crisps and additional shaved parmesan cheese